Mental health services
Mental health care is for both adults and children. This care helps when you feel depressed or anxious. If you need help, or someone from your family needs help, call:
- Member Services at 1-202-408-4720 or 1-800-408-7511 and follow the prompts
- The DC Department of Mental Health Hotline at 1-888-793-4357, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can get up to 10 mental health appointments without a referral.
Behavioral health services
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia covers many of the behavioral health services available for DC Medicaid members.
However, specialized mental health services provided by the Department of Mental Health and all substance abuse related services, with the exception of inpatient detoxification services at a hospital, are not covered by AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia. These services are available to all Medicaid members and can be accessed as indicated below.
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia does not cover all other services.
DC Department of Mental Health
For specialized mental health services, contact the DC Department of Mental Health.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-793-4357
- Specialized Mental Health Services include:
- Assertive community treatment (ACT)
- Case management
- Community support
- Community-based interventions (CBI)
- Crisis intervention, including mobile crisis services
- Multi-systemic therapy (MST)
Addiction, Prevention, and Recovery Administration (APRA)
Substance abuse services are administered by the DC Department of Health Addiction Prevention and Recovery Administration (APRA).
- Assessment and Referral Center (ARC)
- Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Address: 70 N Street NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Telephone: 1-202-727-8473
- Fax: 1-202-727-8411
- For inpatient detoxification services, please contact Member Services at 1-202-408-4720