Pathways to Work
Pathways to Work is a 14-week paid on-the-job internship at AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia. The next cohort begins in September 2017.
Interns will work in the health care industry and perform tasks such as:
- Engaging customers.
- Screening members.
- Communicating plan initiatives.
Through our partnership with YWCA, interns who complete the program will receive a nationally recognized certification in hospitality and guest services gold.
Interns will have many resources available, including a coach to guide them through the program. When Pathways to Work ends, graduated interns will receive 90 days of job placement support and coaching from employment readiness professionals.
Interns will also get foundational training in:
- Health care 101 — an overview of our current health care system and the role AmeriHealth Caritas plays as a managed care organization.
- Office essentials — basic computer, Microsoft Office, and general communication skills (such as answering phone calls, taking messages, and proper greetings), and workplace etiquette.
- Financial literacy — how to manage and budget monetary compensation.
- Emotional intelligence — how to recognize one’s own feelings and those of others, self-motivate, and manage emotions and relationships.
If you are interested in being a part of the next cohort of Pathways to Work, you must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a current D.C. resident.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
For selected candidates, additional required criteria include:
- Background check.
- Drug screening.
Households with two or more children are preferred.
Enrolling in Pathways to Work
Step 1: Apply
Step 2: AmeriHealth Caritas screening
We will review your application packet. If selected, you will need to complete a background check and a drug screening.
Step 3: YWCA screening
YWCA will interview you and ask you to complete assessments for their certification program.
Step 4: Begin your internship
Once you qualify with the YWCA, you are enrolled in the internship. Congratulations! We’ll see you in September.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.